Our family has lived in the DC area for nearly 8 years, but there are still so many things we haven’t done, and we hope to remedy that this year. Although we take pride in going to the National Mall, frequenting arts festivals, and shopping locally, there’s a never-ending number of things to do in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, so on our roadtrip back from holiday break, our family came up with some things we’d love to do before Dec. 31, 2015. What local resolutions do you have for your family? We know we aren’t the only ones who want to take advantage of more that the area has to offer.
1. Visit Mount Vernon.
2. Have a fancy afternoon tea.
3. Attend a National Archives or museum sleepover.
4. Take a daytrip to Charlottesville and Harrisonburg
5. Enter White House event lotteries (keep fingers crossed)
6. Go to Torpedo Factory Art Center in Old Town Alexandria
7. Take daughter on a guided tour of National Women’s History Museum
8. Frequent area indie bookstores
9. See some form of live performance each month. Go to a new-to-us venue.
10. Hike or bike more local trails, like Bull Run.