Starting today, Uber is making life easier for parents in the DC metro area with the launch of uberFAMILY, their new on-demand car seat option. With the touch of a button and a $10 surcharge, parents can easily request a ride that’s equipped with a car seat.
To develop uberFAMILY, Uber DC teamed up with The Car Seat Lady’s Dr. Alisa Baer, who trained the service’s highest-rated partner drivers on how to safely secure the seats — which were all manufactured specifically for Uber by IMMI.
In celebration of the launch, Uber DC is kicking things off with a surcharge-free week (July 15-20) brought to you by Care.com, the world’s largest online destination for finding and managing family care. Thanks to Care.com, you and your kiddos can ride uberFAMILY vehicles without paying the $10 premium this week!
To learn more about uberFAMILY, including how to request uberFAMILY on your Uber app and safety details, head to: http://bit.ly/1vXbOjz
And now for more good news. In addition to having a surcharge-free week, The DC Moms readers can enjoy a $25 credit for signing up with Uber. Here’s how to get $25 credit (new customers only):
- Use promo code TheDCMoms for $25 off your first Uber ride!
- Download the App and enter the code TheDCMoms under “Promotion Code.”
- Request uberFAMILY and be connected to a highly rated driver with a car seat.
- WHAT IS UBER? Uber is an app that connects you with a driver at the tap of a button. Request a ride and have a driver curbside in minutes. There’s no need to carry cash. When you reach your destination, your fare is automatically billed to your card on file, no need to tip. Good for one ride, up to $25, new riders only. Expires 11/1/14. Excludes uberTAXI.
- Already have Uber? Simply toggle to your vehicle option at the very bottom of the screen (uberFAMILY is available on both uberX and UberBLACK), and tap the ‘FAMILY’ button above the slider.
In addition to providing readers with a promotional discount, Uber is providing me with a credit to continue to use its service, but no other compensation has been provided. All ideas are my own.