Looking for an affordable fine dining experience in the Washington area? You are in luck: Rockville Restaurant Week starts on Saturday. From September 10th through 18th you can sample special, reduced prix fixe menus at local restaurants.
Priced at either $8 lunch/$15 for dinner or $15 lunch/$30 dinner, this week provides the perfect chance for lovers of both fine food and a good deal to hit the town.
Maryland-dwelling writers of The DC Moms have experienced several of the featured restaurants themselves.
- Tech Savvy Mama Leticia says of Taste of Saigon, “Even if your children aren’t the most adventurous eaters, Taste of Saigon has plenty of dishes that accommodate everyone’s tastes.” She also notes that her oldest has already chosen this French-inspired Vietnamese restaurant for her eighth birthday dinner.
- Spice Xing was reviewed by Jodifur here at The DC Moms for our Food and Dining section. She writes of the Indian fare and atmosphere, “Indian is one of our favorite cuisines and we have been to Spice Xing many, many times…their food never disappoints.”
- Teach Mama Amy not only had the opportunity to experience La Tasca‘s Spanish tapas with her children, she is offering a $50 gift card giveaway for the restaurant to her readers. Enter before Saturday 9/10 at midnight.
- Baronessa‘s Italian fare was the restaurant of choice for Urban Mama Sandie. She writes that Baronessa reminded her of red-sauce, white tablecloth Italian places in Little Italy in New York, and she experienced a very poignant, and delicious, bowl of soup.
- Justice Fergie and her family of five chowed down on the waffles and French-inspired cafe eats at Mosaic Cuisine and Cafe. “When you’re already making plans about what you’re going to order the next time you come to a restaurant, before you even leave, I’d say that’s a good sign!”, she writes.
- Stella Restaurant is a solid place for ladies night, according to Not Ever Complacent Robin, and she heartily recommends their banana marscapone frozen mousse with carmelized walnuts and bittersweet chocolate sauce. (You’re feeling hungry now, aren’t you?)
- Jill of Musings from Me enjoyed The Bean Bag Deli with her family and is giving away a $15 gift card on her site!
- I, Jessica from A Parent in Silver Spring, had a fabulous traditional American grill meal with my family at The Potomac Grill. We went for meaty sandwiches covered in thick bacon and melted cheese.
Disclosure: These featured writers of The DC Moms were given gift cards for use towards their meal at participating establishments in advance of Rockville Restaurant Week to reflect the discount they would have received during the deals week. In some cases, individual restaurants also gave writers additional gift cards for giveaway to readers on their personal blogs. No further compensation was received, and all opinions expressed are their own.
Photo credit for thumbnail image: iStock Photography