Whether we publicly admit to them or not, we all have a celebrity crush or two. (Or a top five. On a laminated card.) We DC Moms are baring our celeb loving hearts for your entertainment, and maybe just maybe, we’ll find some crushing common ground.
- Name: Kevin McKidd
- Age: 38, just celebrated his birthday this week!
- Hometown: Born and raised in northern Scotland, McKidd retains his incredibly sexy Scottish brogue, even though he can act with an American accent with the best of them when a role calls for it.
- Marital Status: Married to Jane Parker for the last twelve years, and father to two children, Joseph and Iona.
- You Know Him From: If you want to go way back, you might remember him in “Trainspotting,” though I have to admit that I was too intimidated by that movie when it first came out and have personally yet to see it. (Hello, Redbox.) He first appeared on my radar with the HBO series “Rome,” in all its time-period glory. (Oh, the costumes. Swoon.) Though short-lived, “Journeyman” brought him back to the small screen for a season before he moved onto one of today’s biggest medical dramas: ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy,” on which McKidd plays Dr. Owen Hunt. Oh, and if you have book-loving kids, you might also recognize him playing Poseidon in the film “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.”
- Why Him: Did you not see the picture above? Okay, beyond his red-haired good looks, he’s a talented actor who can convey great emotion through subtle facial expressions. Watch him in a scene with Sandra Oh, who plays his wife Dr. Cristina Yang on “Grey’s Anatomy,” and you’ll see what I mean. You can trust me because any time the camera goes in for a close-up on Dr. Hunt, I pay attention. With the new season beginning on September 22, I’m ready for Kevin McKidd to find his way to my DVR again.
Dawn can be found weeping in front of her television most Thursday evenings during the regular television season. When she’s not crying over fictional doctors, she’s splitting her time teaching preschool, reviewing books at 5 Minutes for Books, writing for the Greenbelt Patch, and blogging at my thoughts exactly.
Photo credit: ABC