You can’t turn a page in a fashion magazine or even a Sunday flyer without seeing an ad for ankle booties. Personally, I hate that they are called booties. It makes me feel all the more frivolous for wanting them. Can’t we just be grown-ups and call them ankle boots. It’s been a few seasons and the bootie is still here so indulge, get on the bootie bandwagon and take a look at these five styles for under $70.
1. You’ve Sienna It All Bootie from ModCloth ($42.99) is a great brown ankle bootie. It has a rounded toe, easy heel and a Vegan leather knot gives it something special that looks great with leggings, a cute sweater dress or dressing up your jeans.
2. Nine West’s Probowl This open-toed cutie is the epitome of an ankle boot. It’s black, has a high 4 1/2″ heel with a sleek 1″ platform that screams ‘chic’. At $49.50 you can’t beat it. It is a great find.
3. Old Navy Kitten Heel - ($34.94) I totally love this zip up the back boot that comes in grey and black faux suede. It is not only basic, charming and affordable it is simple enough to show that you know the style but doesn’t make you or wallet put up a big commitment. Throw in the cushioned heel and I’m sold!
4. Dr. Scholl’s Addler Ankle Boot ($68.99) I remember when Dr. Scholl’s shoes were only seen on those with ailing feet or grandmas but not anymore. The Addler is a great take on the lace-up style ankle booties. It is modern with a bit of last century flair. The chunky heel on this one looks stylish and comfortable.
5. Sambbaa Paris Bootie by Steve Madden ($59.98) has an edge to it that gives off an attitude. It’s fun, a bit more hip than some of the others showcased here and part of the Madden Girl line. Three inch heels and the option of three colors- grey, brown or black this bootie is one of the best of the bunch.
I will admit that the ankle bootie trend has taken me a bit to grab on to. However, once I realized I could wear them day, night, out with friends, on a date or at work I was hooked. I’ve even started wearing them at the grocery store.