Who says that our celebrity crushes have to only be guys? This week, I’m crushing on an actress who has been cracking me up big time on screen lately.
- Name: Emily Jean “Emma” Stone
- Age: 22
- Hometown: Born in Scottsdale, Arizona, Stone convinced her parents to let her drop out of school and move to Los Angeles at the tender age of 15 to pursue an acting career. Now, that’s confidence!
- Marital Status: Though rumors have had her dating several of her co-stars, including recent DC Moms Celebrity Crush Ryan Gosling, Stone is officially single and unattached, as far as the public knows. She’s only 22, remember!
- You Know Her From: If you’ve got a penchant for low-brow comedy marketed to young guys, you might remember her as Jonah Hill’s romantic interest in “Superbad,” but I’m willing to bet that more of you reading this site have seen her in one or both of her most recent flicks: “Crazy Stupid Love” and “The Help.” While I loved her in “Crazy Stupid Love,” a film that placed her with some other incredible actors, I have to say that I was blown away by her comedic timing and hilarity in “Easy A,” the 2010 comedy in which she portrayed a high school student who gets a little too familiar with the experience of a literary character many high schoolers are forced to read about- Hester Prynne of The Scarlet Letter. Seriously, her facial expressions alone are comedic genius, and she had both my husband and me laughing for 92 straight minutes.
- Why Her: In the last few years, Stone has proven that she’s an up-and-coming actress who isn’t just a pretty face (which she does, undeniably). She’s got comedy skills, she’s got the drama thing down, and she can hold her own among a stellar cast, playing off established actors while still shining on screen. I predict (and hope!) that she’ll be making movies for many years to come.
After a long week of corralling teaching preschoolers, Dawn is often drawn to the world of comedic films. When she’s not laughing too loudly in the theater or on her couch, she’s reviewing books at 5 Minutes for Books, writing for the Greenbelt Patch, and blogging at my thoughts exactly.